Refer a Patient
Hinds Hospice is a nonprofit, community-supported agency that provides comprehensive palliative care and hospice services to individuals who have been diagnosed with a chronic or serious illness.
We care for patients with any diagnosis, at any age, including pediatric and perinatal patients, regardless of their ability to pay.
For immediate information regarding admissions & referrals,
please call our Intake Department at (559) 317-6010
Is it time to make a referral?
The following criteria may help determine whether a patient needs our help. Contact the Hinds Hospice Referral Team if the patient:
- May not survive past six months
- Is seriously ill and pain management is needed
- Has more than one chronic condition
- Has been admitted to the ER/hospital several times within six months
- Is facing difficult conversations regarding end-of-life decisions
If you are supporting the caregiver, the following questions may help determine if assistance from Hinds Hospice is needed:
- How many hours are spent caregiving?
- Is the amount of care provided overwhelming?
- Is the caregiver getting help from friends and family members?
- Has the caregiver been ill recently?
- Is the caregiver irritable, or experiencing sleep issues?
- Is the situation taking a toll on family life or job performance?
- Is it causing the caregiver financial strain?