Giving Back to Hinds Hospice
Hinds Hospice is a 501 c3 Charitable Organization
Tax ID 77-0071360
Combined Federal Giving Campaign of Central California and CA State Employee Giving Campaign
Thank you to all federal and state employees who are interested in designating a percentage of your paycheck to help provide support for our patients and their families.
CFC Charity Number
State Charity Number for Fresno/Madera County
Visit the Central California CFC website for more information: www.ourpromiseca.org
Make a gift
Hinds Hospice relies heavily on volunteers for the day-to-day operations of the agency. Volunteers help with patients, special events, thrift stores, community awareness, and more. If you are interested in volunteering for Hinds Hospice in one of these ways, please call us at (559) 317-6016 or email email@example.com.
Shop and Donate at our thrift stores
Hinds Hospice relies heavily on individual donations and revenue from our thrift stores. All of our thrift stores carry a wide variety of goods, including clothing, kitchenware, books, jewelry, sporting goods, records, furniture, appliances, and an ever-increasing list of collectibles. Our thrift stores accept most items, provided they are non-perishable, non-toxic, and in good working order. We cannot accept mattresses or partially used medical supplies. Every donation helps, whether it’s an antique dining set or a pair of gently-worn shoes. If you are unsure about whether your donation is acceptable, simply visit or call the store. Staff and volunteers are happy to answer your questions. Click below for more information about the Hinds Hospice thrift stores.
What legacy do you want to leave?
We can help you customize your estate planning and giving to benefit Hinds Hospice. Please contact us for information and resources. Our Gift Planning experts would be honored to work with you and your estate planning attorney to create or update your estate plan to fulfill your personal intentions and objectives. If you don’t have an estate planning attorney, we can refer you to some local experts.
Our legal name is “Hinds Hospice, a California nonprofit public benefit corporation”. We are a nonprofit charitable organization, tax-exempt under I.R.C. 501(c)(3) and our Federal Tax Identification Number (FEIN) is 770071360.
Contact us today at (559) 320-0308 to learn more.
Benefits of Planned Giving
When you name Hinds Hospice in your Will or Trust:
- You have a profound impact on the mission of Hinds Hospice
- You receive our recognition and thanks as a donor
- Your estate or Trust will receive a charitable gift deduction for the donated asset(s) after you pass away
When you create a Charitable Remainder Trust (“CRT”):
- You receive the charitable gift tax deduction right away – in the year the CRT was created
- You receive payments of income and/or principal from the asset(s) you put into the CRT, for a term of years or the rest of your life
- You have the assurance of knowing that Hinds Hospice will receive the donated asset(s) at the end of the term or when you pass away
Naming Hinds Hospice as a beneficiary of your Will or Living Trust
If you would like to name Hinds Hospice as a beneficiary of your Will or Trust you can either make a Specific Gift or a Residuary Gift:
1. Specific Gift: Name Hinds Hospice to receive a specific gift of a certain dollar amount or a specific item of personal or real property. For example:
Trust: “The Trustee shall distribute the sum of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) from the trust estate to Hinds Hospice, a California nonprofit public benefit corporation, located at 2490 W. Shaw Ave. Suite 101, Fresno, California 93711, Federal Tax Identification 770071360, for use in its general charitable purposes.”
Will: “My Executor shall distribute the sum of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) from my estate to Hinds Hospice, a California nonprofit public benefit corporation, located at 2490 W. Shaw Ave. Suite 101, Fresno, California 93711, Federal Tax Identification 770071360, for use in its general charitable purposes.”
2. Residuary Gift: Name Hinds Hospice to receive a percentage of the residue (the assets left over after your final bills and debts are paid). For example:
Trust: “Upon termination, the Trustee shall distribute Ten percent (10%) of the remaining income and principal of the trust to Hinds Hospice, a California nonprofit public benefit corporation, located at 2490 W. Shaw Ave. Suite 101, Fresno, California 93711, Federal Tax Identification 770071360, for use in its general charitable purposes.”
Will: “My Executor shall distribute Ten percent (10%) of the residue of my estate to Hinds Hospice, a California nonprofit public benefit corporation, located at 2490 W. Shaw Ave. Suite 101, Fresno, California 93711, Federal Tax Identification 770071360, for use in its general charitable purposes.”
Charitable remainder trust
When your estate planning attorney creates your CRT, you transfer assets, real estate, or investments to the trustee of the CRT. When the transfer to the CRT happens, you can claim a charitable gift deduction for those assets. You can set up the CRT so that the assets continue to pay you, your spouse, even your children, income and/or principal from the CRT for a term of years or lifetime income, securing retirement income for you and your spouse. When the term ends, or you pass away, the assets, real estate or investment is distributed to Hinds Hospice. This is a great tool to help Hinds Hospice and receive recognition as a donor and tax benefits immediately, but still retain retirement income for you. Contact us today if you would like to learn more about CRTs and whether they might be a fit for you.
Naming Hinds Hospice as a beneficiary of your life insurance or I.R.A.
Designating Hinds Hospice as the beneficiary of a retirement or other account is one of the most popular and flexible ways that you can create a perpetual legacy at Hinds Hospice. It’s easy. Just request a beneficiary designation form from your insurance agent or financial advisor and add Hinds Hospice to the list of beneficiaries and designate a certain percentage of the life insurance proceeds or I.R.A. that you would like to be distributed to Hinds Hospice.
Disclaimer: This is general information only, not legal or tax advice. Some planned giving and estate planning tools may not be appropriate for you. You should discuss any changes to your estate plan with your estate planning attorney and your C.P.A.
Memorial bricks are now available to reserve. The first bricks have been placed in the front pathway of the Hinds Hospice Home.
Download the brochure and order form, or call (559) 320-0308 for additional information.
A special thank you to Steelscapes for their dedication to paving our new brick walkway with love.
Butterfly Remembrance Wall
You will find the Hinds Hospice Butterfly Remembrance Wall within the Hinds Hospice Patient & Family Service Center.
Many families have chosen to create a tribute to their loved ones by making a gift that helps Hinds Hospice continue to provide quality, compassionate care to the families we serve.
Call (559) 320-0308 for complete details about adding a loved one’s name to the wall.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Commit to Hinds Hospice by making a one-time, monthly or annual donation
- Make a planned gift
- Attend a fundraising event to benefit Hinds Hospice
- Invite a representative from Hinds Hospice to speak to your service or trade organization or other community groups
- Include information about Hinds Hospice programs and services in your corporate newsletter or advertisements
- Use your professional expertise to assist Hinds Hospice and enjoy the tax benefits of being an in-kind donor
- Suggest payroll deductions to your workplace, with contributions designated to Hinds Hospice through the United Way
- Ask friends and family to make contributions to Hinds Hospice as a gift celebrating a birthday or anniversary
- Honor a friend’s milestone or accomplishment by making a contribution to Hinds Hospice in honor or memory of them
- Look into grant and/or matching gift possibilities through your work, and sponsor Hinds Hospice’s application for funding
- Donate the proceeds from garage and yard sales, work tournaments, church bake sales, and more, to Hinds Hospice
- Have a thrift store drive and donate your items to Hinds Hospice